ASTC takes the privacy of our Participants very seriously and we will comply with all legislative requirements.
These include the Privacy Act and National Privacy Principles (2001).
If your learning is a traineeship your enrolment form provides for Participants to give permission for us to discuss your progress with your employer
In some cases we will be required by law or required by the AQF standards to make Participant information available to others. In all other cases we ensure that we will seek the written permission of the Participant.
The ten Privacy Principles are defined below:
1. Collection - We will collect only the information necessary for one or more of our functions. The individual will be told the purposes for which the information is collected.
2. Use and disclosure - Personal information will not be used or disclosed for a secondary purpose unless the individual has consented or a prescribed exception applies.
3. Data quality – We will take all reasonable steps to make sure that the personal information we collect, use or discloses is accurate, complete and up to date.
4. Data Security – We will take all reasonable steps to protect the personal information we hold from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
5. Openness – We will document how we manage personal information and when asked by an individual, will explain the information we hold, for what purpose and how we collect, hold, use and disclose the information.
6. Access and correction - The individual will be given access to the information held except to the extent that prescribed exceptions apply. We will correct and up date information errors described by the individual.
7. Unique Identifiers - Commonwealth Government identifiers (Medicare number or tax file number) will only be used for the purposes for which they were issued. We will not assign unique identifiers except where it is necessary to carry out its functions efficiently.
8. Anonymity - Wherever possible, ASTC will provide the opportunity for the individual to interact with them without identifying themselves.
9. Trans-border Data Flows - The individual’s privacy protections apply to the transfer of personal information out of Australia.
10. Sensitive Information – We will seek the consent of the individual when collecting sensitive information about the individual such as health information, or information about the individual’s racial or ethnic background, or criminal record.
You can prevent data collection via Google Analytics by clicking here. An "Opt-out Cookie" shall then be applied to your website which shall prevent any future collection of your data when visiting this website.You have successfully opted out of being tracked by Google Analytics from this website.
Further information concerning the terms and conditions of use and data privacy can be found at the Google Analytics Terms of Service or at the Google Analytics Privacy Overview. Please note that on this website, Google Analytics is supplemented by "gat._anonymizeIp();" to ensure anonymized collection of IP addresses (IP masking).
We use the reCAPTCHA service provided by Google Inc. (Google) to protect your submissions via internet submission forms on this site. This plugin checks if you are a person in order to prevent certain website functions from being (ab)used by spam bots (particularly comments). This plugin query includes the sending of the IP address and possibly other data required by Google for the Google reCAPTCHA service. For this purpose your input will be communicated to and used by Google. However, your IP address is previously truncated by Google within member states of the European Union or in other states which are party to the agreement on the European Economic Area and is, as such, anonymized. Only in exceptional cases is a full IP address transmitted to a Google server in the United States and truncated there. On behalf of the operator of this website, Google will use this information to evaluate your use of this service. The IP address provided by reCaptcha from your browser shall not be merged with any other data from Google.
By using the reCAPTCHA service, you consent to the processing of data about you by Google in the manner and for the purposes set out above.